January update



Wow, its been a long time since logging a post here. I am truly sorry for my neglect. I've been busy in a school at FT Bragg, learning some new skills outside of the Chaplain world to make me better at being a Chaplain. Hope you all had a great Christmas. At our house we had a very relaxing time, I had 2 weeks off from training and it was awesome to be able to be home that long. I'm back at work now having my mind turned to mush by hour after hour of power point. In the Army its called "death by power point" and believe me it truly is, especially for someone who despises sitting all day. We'll finish this course with a field exercise which will be a welcome relief. I'll be back home in mid February.

Between now and then I'll be speaking at Crossroads Winter Conference in Gatlinburg (www.crossroadsworldwide.com ), then at Bethel Baptist Church in Troutman NC and in March I'll be at a Sportsman's Banquet in Roanoke VA. Its going to be a busy couple of months, but that is good.

I was reading John Eldredges latest email to his subscribers, you might know him as the author "Wild at Heart". He was talking about how he spent New Years Eve this year. I found it refreshing. Instead of making resolutions he consecrated the entire year of 2008 to Jesus Christ. He personally sat down and told God, that he was devoting the year to being oriented toward Jesus. He wrote it down as a reminder to keep him oriented later on in the year. I love being oriented. I hate being a new place and not knowing where I am. That is why I love GPS devices. I got a new one this year with a brand new antenna that allows for greater accuracy even in heavy cover and in valleys. The new antenna allows the receiver to be more accurate giving the user a more precise orientation to his position on the earth. I realized that I need to be like John and my GPS and consecrate this year with a renewed receiver. I need to be more oriented. I need to be a receiver that is able to pick up signals from above even in heavy cover. I think being intentional about pursing Jesus is that route. It is so true that spiritually we can navigate our way by having a more accurate fix on our current position. There are so many things that can come between us and God. We need amped up antennas.

I hope 2008 is the best year ever for you and yours. I pray for the Kingdom of God to be released in a mighty way for you in all you do!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One year out- Remembering Dale Beatty

A soldier dispenses his views!

The songs of life- Thanks to mom