Prayer for a warrior

In my last post I introduced you to Hunter Monk, my new friend from Roanoke. I told you all about Hunter's battle with cancer and how he is a little warrior, fighting this thing. Over the weekend he was all smiles and feeling good, but I have gotten word today that he is not doing very well. The text below is from a lady that met there las weekend. If you have a moment please read this.



Hey Brad, I am Jane Assaid from Southside. I was with Ty when you signed his bible Sunday after church. I wanted to up date you on Hunter. I am one of Hunter's teachers from school so we just found out this information. He went in yesterday for his chemo and spiked a temp. of 105 last night. They have moved him to ICU and they are giving him antibiotics. His fever is down a little today but not much. He is sick from the chemo and of course throwing up. He is a little fighter and I know he is trying to fight this. I just wanted you to pray for him and Jodie and the family. Her husband is in Texas working and I know this is very hard for him to be away. Just keep them in your prayers. I will try to keep you posted as to what is going on if you want.

Its hard for me to convey to you how much I was touched by that little guy. Maybe its because I have a son myself or because Its just so hard to watch his eyes full of life while his body is so sick.

Would you please stop what you are doing and pray for Hunter. Pray for his mom and his little brother who doesn't quite get all this cancer stuff. Pray Hunter's dad who is in Texas working.

I will keep you all updated as to his condition. Thanks so much for praying for him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One year out- Remembering Dale Beatty

A soldier dispenses his views!