The Blessing Lady went home!

A few years ago I wrote about a lady that I used to see all the time while working out at the gym at FT Jackson.
http://chaplainbrad.blogspot.com/2006/12/blessing-lady.html

. She would come up to everyone that she saw in the gym and ask, "Have I blessed you today?"
I always said, "No! You haven't belssed me...please do!" She would then pray a short prayer of blessing. What an encouragement she was to me and many others.
I got this note from her daughter today in the comments section and thought is was nice and I'd like to share it with you all.

Dear Brad, My name is Cyndi Jones. I am the daughter of "The Blessing Lady" that you met out at Ft. Jackson at the Perez Gym in b2006. I just wanted to let you know that she went home to Heaven yesterday. She hadn't been sick, she just went to sleep and didn't wake up. I used the blog that you wrote about her as part of her obituary in The State newspaper...hope that you don't mind. May God Bless you!

Cyndi, your mom was a blessing to us! Now she's home waiting for the rest of us and I'm sure she's still blessing people!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One year out- Remembering Dale Beatty

A soldier dispenses his views!