Dude, where have you been?

By all accounts I have dropped the ball. It has been some 14 months since I last posted on this blog. I went back through the whole thing today and ran across so many memories and things recorded that a push of motivation welled up in me to jot some things down. I'm writing from Colorado Springs where I'm serving for the next few weeks here at FT Carson. This in an amazing part of our country with the front range of the Rockies jutting up out of the plains. Pikes Peak towers high above this town and is breathtaking to view especially in the mornings. Today the winds rose up and blew tumble weeds across the prairie as I watched from my office window. I'd never seen tumble weeds before. I guess you really do get to see something new everyday if you are looking.

The picture below is from an overlook above the Garden of the Gods with Pikes in the background. It was about 4 degrees when I took this last Sunday. Sometimes I find it difficult to drive here because I'm always looking up at the mountains. Impressive no doubt and reminds me each time of the psalmist. 
"I lift up my eyes to the hills. From where does my help come? My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth." (Psalm 121:1, 2 ESV)

No commentary necessary. More to follow 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The songs of life- Thanks to mom

One year out- Remembering Dale Beatty