New Blog Post: Southern Pines Crossfit, more than just a gym!

 
I moved to the Pinehurst-Southern Pines area about a year ago to begin work at FT Bragg. I chose this area to live because its quiet and has a real small town atmosphere. I was looking for a place to workout and discovered a little place called Southern Pines Crossfit. I started doing Crossfit while in Iraq and if you are unfamiliar with this type of training, well its not your average system. There are no machines, just bumper plates, kettle bells, pull up bars, plyo boxes, big tires and lots of sweat. There's no whining, no compromise and no one left behind.

While Crossft is a great training system what has really drawn me to this gym is the people. I've been away from my family for a long time and it gets old spending time by yourself. At the gym each day I worked out with folks who became good friends. I looked forward to the end of my day, so that I could swing by the little garage gym and suffer with my buds. 

Today I did my last WOD or workout of the day. It was a crusher, not just physically but it was a crusher knowing that it was my last time there. The owner of Southern Pines Crossfit is a great guy named Dan Kennedy. He and his wife Dena both work so hard, always encouraging. They welcome everyone and there are no strangers no matter their physical ability. The gym does have a family/community feel to it. 

My thanks to everyone there, you have made my time separated from my family a little more bearable by giving me something to look forward to each day. I pray God's richest blessings on all of you and even though its tough saying bye, the Crossfit community is small and tight and we shall all cross paths again. 

So if you are in downtown Southern Pines go check out the gym, you'll get a smoker of a workout and even better you'll find a friend or two!

Thanks guys....all the best

Brad

Comments

Anonymous said…
Brad, I'm so glad I got to do your last WOD with you. ;D You have effected us equally. Your kind soul and words of wisdom will be greatly missed my friend. I am certain God placed you there for many reasons. I'm so happy for you and your family that you finally get to reunite. :D

Jackie

Popular posts from this blog

One year out- Remembering Dale Beatty

A soldier dispenses his views!