This my friend Chris from texas. He's "over there" right now. He keeps a fabulous journal online and I encourage all of you to check it out. As you read and hear about all the protests and other demotivating stuff try checking out his online journal. I think you'll be pleased to know what just one soldier is doing to make a difference. He's giving shoes away to children. Imagine that! A soldier giving away shoes. Sounds like there's more to being a soldier than conquest doesn't it? In Micah 6:8 we get sort of a picture of what I beleive a soldier ought to be. Read this and I'll try to explain. "He has shown you, O man, what is good; And what does the LORD require of you But to do justly, To love mercy, And to walk humbly with your God?"
There's three things there that I see my friend Chris doing.
  1. He's doing justly. He's righting wrongs. I hope that is not too idealistic for you, but if you had lived under the Taliban, you'd know what I'm talking about. He's also there elimnating a place for more "bad guys" to find a home to their hatred.
  2. He's loving mercy. He's taking care of those that can't take care of themselves. He's being a blessing. He's putting shoes on the feet of Afghanstan's future.
  3. He's walking humbly with his God. I know him. He loves the Lord. He's lving out his faith.

I hope as you read this you'll pray for Chris and maybe stop by his web-site and hopefully you can help him shoe the shoe-less. Its just too easy! www.thegillfam.com

Ya'll have a great day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The songs of life- Thanks to mom

One year out- Remembering Dale Beatty