Can we really hear from God?

I've been thinking a lot lately about hearing from God. I've been a Christian for 14 years now. I like to think I have grown spiritually. I have been to seminary, studied long hours in Greek and Hebrew. I've written massive 35 and 40 page papers on theology. According to the modern mind in spiritual thought, this is how we come to hear God, through diligent study of propositions. Don't get me wrong I am grateful for my education. I would not be where I am had it not been for those long hours of preparation. There are times however where I wonder if that is all there is. I pray. I read the bible. But the times of my life where I was most alive, was when I absolutely knew God was present and I could hear His voice from within. You see theology is good, but relationship with the God of theology is the most crucial element of my existence. It is the daily leaning and learning on and from a God who has and does desire me and you to walk closely with Him that matters. God's word points us to this type of relationship. It is not only propositional, true, but real and tangible. To know and hear from God, even if its just His voice saying, "You are my servant, I will not reject you" that is enough for me today. May you also hear from Him today as you battle for your life!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One year out- Remembering Dale Beatty

A soldier dispenses his views!